PURCHASE LEDGER CLERK WARRINGTON PERMANENT c£24k DOE
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join a central finance team within this well established organisation, based in central Warrington.
As the Purchase Ledger Clerk you will be responsible for ensuring the efficient management of the purchase ledger function and the payment of supplier invoices
- Receiving and post invoices to the relevant purchase ledger ensuring that all the
appropriate authority levels have been met;
- Matching invoices to purchase orders;
- Coding invoices in accordance with the nominal code list;
- Preparing invoice accrual listings as part of the month-end P&L reporting cycle;
- Generating review and prepare weekly and monthly supplier BACS payment runs;
- Allocating supplier direct debit payments to the correct outstanding invoices;
- Completing monthly supplier statement reconciliations resolving any differences with
suppliers as appropriate;
- Resolving all invoice and payment queries from suppliers in a timely manner
support the Finance Office team by undertaking ad hoc administrative tasks as required.
Skills and experience
- Two years minimum purchase ledger experience;
- Experience of Sage 200 would be desirable – but not essential
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel & Word);
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to use own initiative and work well within a team environment.
For more information or a confidential chat then please give Abbie a call 01925 652323 or email your CV for immediate consideration. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those successfully shortlisted for the role will be personally contacted.
Follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook for updates, recruitment information, new vacancies and more!