PURCHASE LEDGER CLERK – WIGAN – PERMANENT – £24k-£25k
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for this global organisation who boast an £18 Million annual turnover (a 33% growth on last year – so they are going from strength to strength!) They are looking for an experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk to join an established Finance team of 8 and to work alongside 1 other in the Accounts Payable department. Reporting into the Head of Finance, day to day duties will include:
- Receiving Purchase Orders electronically via the system
- Matching, coding and approving invoices for payment on the system (no manual matching)
- Processing inter-company transactions for different companies within the group
- Dealing with multiple currencies including UK Sterling, US Dollars, Canadian Dollar
- Putting money onto a payment run and sending to the Head of Finance for payment processing
- Handling and resolving complex invoice discrepancies
- Statement reconciliations
- Managing the account email inbox, handling any queries/enquiries
- Using the bespoke accounting system and Excel daily
The company are looking for a conscientious, robust character ideally with experience of working in paperless Accounts Payable environment.
Company benefits include 22 days holiday + Bank Holidays, employee assistance scheme, company events, onsite parking and pension scheme.
For further information about this opportunity please call Leanne at Forrest Recruitment for a confidential discussion – 01942 825285. Alternatively, please forward your CV for immediate consideration, I look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those successfully shortlisted for the role will be personally contacted.
Follow us on LinkedIn for updates, recruitment information, new vacancies and more!