Data Manager. Bolton. up to £45k doe + excellent benefits!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Data Manager to join an ambitious and proactive team within a successful and rapidly growing organisation who are passionate about accurate and high-quality information and understand its importance within the decision-making process. Working with and supporting key stakeholders, the Data Manager will lead a team to deliver data-driven insights into multiple operational processes.
- Act as a relationship manager between operational services, external organisations, and the Informatics Team.
- Responsible for data processes supporting the submission of all national and contractual reporting requirements, for example CSDS (Commissioning Data Sets) and SUS (Secondary Uses Service).
- Work with senior managers (both clinical and non-clinical) across the organisation to bring about an increase in confidence in the recording and analysis of data, ensuring a consistent approach across departments.
- Ensure data quality is of the highest standard and support the development and implementation of data quality improvement plans across various Hospitals.
- Triage data requests from staff and external bodies to ensure analysis is meaningful and will add value to the organisation.
- Ensure data requests are completed within the assigned SLA.
- Manage the workload of the team including routine reporting requirements, data requests, project resource and the forecasting of future workload.
- Effective management of team resource, including routine reporting requirements, data requests, project resource and the forecasting of future workload.
- Liaise with staff and external bodies to identify reporting requirements and tailor analysis and reports accordingly.
- Continually improve the relationship between the department and the services and external organisations, such as ICB’s and NHS England.
- Present information to various groups both inside and outside the organisation, such as CCG meetings and operational meetings.
- Have a high level of knowledge of SQL and carry out/review statistical analysis to aid the operational services and business decisions.
- Create, modify and review bespoke reports as and when required in SQL, SSRS, Power BI or Excel.
- Responsible for the management and development of staff, including apprentices, through regular 1:1s, reviews and appraisals.
- Provide software or analytical training within the department.
- Produce written guidance, policies, procedures, and frequently asked questions (or similar documents) for internal and external use.
Experience and Skills:
- Ability to collate, analyse and interpret complex datasets and an ability to explain complex analytical methods to non-analytical people.
- Proven ability to manage multiple stakeholders.
- Identify underlying problems by analysing information and find effective solutions.
- Manage a workflow and achieve short deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Work in an environment where there are frequent interruptions.
- Advanced Level of MS Excel including VBA’s, Macros and Power Query.
- Experience working with and combining data contained within different data sources using SQL.
- Experience of using SSRS and Power BI.
- Previous line management experience.