CUSTOMS OPERATOR – LIVERPOOL CITY CENTRE – PERMANENT – £25-£30K DOE
We are working with one of the UK’s fastest growing logistics businesses based in Liverpool, recruiting for a Customs Operator. My client celebrates their 20th year in business this year and are constantly growing and expanding.
As a Customs Operator your key duties will include:
- Manage your own time to best efficiency for the business
- Monitor the systems and process throughout the department & inform Customs Supervisor of any ideas for change
- Ensure all entries, imports and exports, are done within a timely manner – 24 hours of receipt of documents for imports and before the container has loaded for exports
- Report any issues to the Customs Supervisor if they cannot be dealt with by yourself or will take an extended amount of time to complete
- Ensure procedures are followed at all times
- Make sure company standards are followed, and the customer experience is a positive one
The successful candidate will;
- Demonstrate & generate enthusiasm
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Interpersonally effective
- Influence people positively
- Develop trust and respect from colleagues across the organisation
- Identify problems early & respond in a timely fashion
- Work with the team to find solutions
- Demonstrate personal drive
- Communicate effectively (active listening, questioning, expressing self clearly and concisely)
- Motivate colleagues
- Positive and pro-active approach to work
- Contribute pro-actively and professionally to formal & informal discussions with colleagues
- Work effectively with positive conflict to generate new ideas and approaches
For further information about this opportunity please call Danielle at Forrest Recruitment for a confidential discussion – 0151 2550565. Alternatively, please forward your CV for immediate consideration, I look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those successfully shortlisted for the role will be personally contacted.
Follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook for updates, recruitment information, new vacancies and more!