Clinical Coding Manager. Bolton. up to £40k + excellent benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Clinical Coding Service Manager, you will support the Head of department to provide a high-quality service, including running and improving department operations, planning, and organising staff resource and ensuring key deliverables are achieved
Role and Responsibilities of the Clinical Coding Manager:
- To run operationally the Clinical Coding Department, which is based in Bolton town centre and responsible for coding all activity undertaken nationwide.
- To ensure the Clinical Coding record adheres to National and Local Standards.
- To be responsible for measuring and reporting coding productivity, both departmentally and by individual coder.
- To keep abreast of current developments and anticipate upcoming changes to clinical coding and tariff assignment, ensuring that systems and procedures are updated to reflect these.
- To develop and implement a robust audit programme, identifying areas for improvement and benefit.
- Support the Head of Clinical Coding and Informatics to maintain a Recruitment and Retention Strategy for the department.
- Support staff in respect to performance, training, and developmental needs.
- ACC accredited (Accredited Clinical Coder)
- Clinical Coding Foundation Course/Refresher within the last 3 years.
- Experience working in Clinical Coding/with Clinically Coded information.
- Conducting and Developing Audits.
- Understanding of NHS Dataset Requirements for Clinical Coding.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail, work well under pressure and be able to effectively manage workload.