The Crewe Branch are attending several Jobs Fayres in the local area throughout the months of February and March.
These are excellent opportunities to meet our fully trained consultants, discuss vacancies and a chance to consider your future career. We find this helpful to provide our candidates with more local job opportunities than ever before. They are a brilliant way to increase your chances of finding a job.
These events can be seen as informal interviews and so it is important to make a good impression.
Our top 5 tips to ensure your recruitment fair visit is as successful as possible.
Top 5 Tips for Attending a Recruitment Event:
- Keep an open mind. Don’t dismiss the companies you’ve never heard of before. Smaller companies may offer you a much more interesting job role and more benefits.
- Be prepared. Take plenty of copies of your up to date CV and business card to hand out to potential employers.
- Network! Don’t forget what you are there for. Speak to employers and even fellow job hunters and use every opportunity to sell yourself.
- Do your research. You’ll most likely be able to find out which companies are going to be attending the fair, so look at which particular ones your most interested in and do some background research.
- Ensure you follow up. Employers will meet hundreds of different people in one day at a jobs fair, so stand out by contacting the person you spoke to via phone or email the next day to thank them for their time and express your interest in their current opportunities.
Jodie and Helen are heading up our next fair. We will be at the Crewe Job Centre Plus between 10.30 – 12.30 on 24.2.16 and at Reaseheath College on 10.3.16.