Interview and CV tips!
Are you struggling to find work and do you feel that you need help with your CV? We have devised some quick tips for you:
- It’s a good idea to email your CV to your email account so that you can access it from wherever you are
- Be truthful and honest. If you lie you will be very quickly found out
- List all things with the most recent qualification/job/experience first and work your way back in time
- Research the company you are applying for and tailor your CV to this company. Matching your skills and experiences with their brand values
- Read the job description. Make sure you know what you are applying for and refer back to the job description in your CV / Cover Letter / Interview
- Use similar adjectives to the job description. DO NOT just copy them from the job description as this is too obvious
- If the opportunity easily presents itself, it may help to pepper your CV with some technical terminology – but not too much – so that the employer knows that you understand the industry
- If you aren’t applying for a specific role, review similar job descriptions online and tailor your CV to these. This is always a good way to see what further skills/experience you may need
- Use an email account that has a more professional tone to it. E.g. [email protected] as opposed to [email protected]
- It is essential to tailor your CV for each role you apply for:
- Read the job description Research the company
- Link both points to your relevant skills and experience
REMEMBER: the goal of the CV isn’t to get you a job; it’s to get you an interview. Make it concise, interesting and enticing. Make the employer want to find out more about you.
We are actively recruiting for roles in the Crewe/ Newcastle area and for various roles – Accounts, HR, PA, Sec, Receptionists and Customer Administrators. To be considered for roles just get in touch with us on 01270 251251 or 01782 633632 and our team are on hand to help!